When New Seven wonders of the world were announced in Lisbon in 2007 it developed anxiety among billions of people across globe to glance them once on Internet, News channel,media,etc. since they were 7 most magnificent creations on this planet and obviously they got maximum number of votes.
No doubt that these creations are among the best but there are some other creations who have not received their due respect.Well there are lost honor we ought to respect otherwise the effort behind them will go in vain.
Some of them are given here :
- Ushiku Daibutsu, Ushiku, Japan : The Ushiku Daibutsu located in Ushiku, Ibaraki Prefecture, Japan, is the world’s tallest freestanding bronze statue. Completed in 1995, it stands a total of 120m above the ground, including the 10m high base and 10m high lotus platform. An elevator takes visitors up to 85m off the ground, where an observation floor is located.
- Yellow Chinese Emperors Huangdi and Yandi, China : Build in memory of famous Chinese emperor Huangdi and Yandi
- The Motherland statue, Volgograd, Russia : “The Motherland” is a monumental statue by sculptor Yevgeny Vuchetich commemorating the Battle of Stalingrad and dedicated in 1967. The significant structural engineering
challenges of the 84 meter tall, 7900 ton sculpture were handled by Nikolai Nikitin. Measured from the tip of her sword to the top of the plinth, the distance is 85 meters. It is located on Mamayev Kurgan in Volgograd.
- Statue of Leshan Buddha, Leshan, China
- It is carved out of a cliff face that lies at the confluence of the Minjiang, Dadu and Qingyi rivers in the southern part of Sichuan province in China, near the city of Leshan. The stone sculpture faces Mount Emei, with the rivers flowing below his feet.
- Christ the Redeemer, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil : Christ the Redeemer is a large Art Deco-style statue of Jesus Christ in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The statue stands 32 m tall, weighs 1000 tons and is located at the peak of the 710-m Corcovado mountain in the Tijuca Forest National Park, overlooking the city. As well as being a potent symbol of Christianity, the statue has become an icon of the city.
Hope this piece of blog will bring some light to these monuments which are unknown to majority of the world population and will give lost honor to them.